An article from the Sun News today highlights Myrtle Beach’s growing problem of homelessness, heroin addiction, and prostitution that is on display every day in downtown Myrtle Beach.
Rampant Vagrancy, Open Drug Use and Prostitution
Business owners and residents near the area of 3rd Avenue South in Myrtle Beach tell stories of rampant vagrancy, open drug use and prostitution around homes and businesses including:
- People lying on porches of local businesses, sometimes passed out.
- Landscapers quitting work because of thefts from their vehicles.
- A business owner posted a video on Facebook of a man who appeared to be OD’ing on drugs lying in a yard.
- People staggering on the sidewalks and streets.
- A business owner had to buy shingles for his roof twice because the first batch was stolen just hours after it was delivered.
- Pill bottles, needles, condom wrappers, cigarette butts, empty beer cans, and human excrement littering empty lots in the area.
“People are just not even discreet about their activity anymore. They do it right out in the open in broad daylight,” a local business owner says.
The Jurisdictional Doughnut Hole
Myrtle Beach Criminal Defense Lawyer